Where are you Yezzy?

"I had a dream I can buy my way to heaven. When I awoke, I spent that on a necklace. I told God I'd be back in a second, man it's so hard not to act reckless." The words from Kanye Wests' song Can't Tell Me Nothing echos words of truth within us all; as we knowingly and unknowingly idolise and aspire for an image that doesn't enhance our personal fulfillment. To test whether you idolise someone for the right reasons, write down the top three inspirational people that appear in your head and why. If I'm honest, only two came straight into my head and a third a little later; only one of them would I say was not about 'personal fulfillment' and more about style and imagery.

Back to my beaten path of the legendary man that is Kanye West. His music and lyrics has influenced a lot of urban hip hop artists to make their music more political, inspirational and personal rather than about the conventional sex, crime and women. I've choosen to write about Kanye West because I've stumbled, as you do, on two particular new songs from him that I can't stop listening to. One is Paranoid Ft. Mr. Hudson, which is just about how women get paranoid over nothing basically, which is true for me; the video features Rhianna who looks amazingly beautiful, you can watch it on his blog which is how I stumbled across the song, here. I've never bought one of Mr. West's self-acclaimed albums but I've got an urge to buy one. My music taste varies because the sound comes second after the lyrics for me, and the lyrics have to really mean something, it can't just be cloud music (music filled with wonderful words that are meaningless) and the more personal to the artist the better. 

On another note about Mr. West, he has recently written a book with the help of another author. The book is called Thank You And You're Welcome!, I think the title is a snippet of what the book contains; it's basically a book filled with Kanye West "philosophies and anecdotes used in creating his path to success." However, the funny thing about the book is that Mr. West is uninterested in encouraging people to read the 57 page book. "I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff, like actually talking to people, and living real life." What a huge stain on his character for me! I also think Mr. West is very egotistical and that is one characteristic I despise in a man, or woman, but somehow it comes off worse on a man, watch The Apprentice. I think it's because they also sometimes appear to be sexist. However, he does happily proclaim he has an attitude problem. Anyway, you can purchase the book here

Does anyone else think that in the song All Falls Down is about Amber Rose (Kanye West's girlfriend)? I don't know much about about her; "she had hair so long that it looked like weave then she cut it all off now she look like Eve, and she be dealing with some issues that you can't believe. Single black female addicted to retail." I'm not really sure what race Amber Rose is, but I think she is exceptionally beautiful and her fashion style is really confident and fierce, she comes across as a woman who is in love with her curveous figure.

No comments: